MGS is active into Port Agency field the in house expertise across Romania and Black Sea Area allowing us to handle conventional cargo, tanker, container, ro-ro, cruise, military and various projects involving inland transportation, forwarding and logistics . Our experienced and professional staff are capable of ensuring the needs of their customers are always met.
Our team will endeavour to provide you with the most accurate and up to date information and attendance, including, but not limited to:
- Local port Information, including layout of quays and terminals;
- Detailed and realistic PDAs;
- Projection of possible congestion situation;
- Timely pre-arrival coordination with pertinent authorities, port administration and cargo representatives for quick and efficient dispatch of the ship;
- Flawless coordination with Terminal Operator and Ships’ Command for on-time berthing / unberthing and prompt corresponding clearance, pilotage and tug assistance.
- Acknowledge the appointment with accurate estimated port costs, relevant port and berth information and the vessel’s expected schedule.
- Fully inform the Master of all requirements relating to Customs, AQIS, port and terminal requirements.
- Ensure the vessel is ready for loading the required cargo, i.e. the holds are cleaned to required standards.
- Advise and update relevant parties of the vessels of the impending arrival; including Customs, AQIS, port authorities, terminals and shippers.
- Prepare draft copies of all documents and forward for checking prior to the vessel’s arrival, to ensure no delays to the vessel.
- Attend the vessel upon berthing and ensure the Master, terminal and Stevedores, are all aware of the cargo and vessel requirements while in port.
- Provide daily updates of the vessel’s progress to all parties; including advice of any potential problems that may delay the vessel’s departure from the port.
- For vessels loading, ensure maximum cargo is loaded within the contract tolerance and ensure maximum drafts are attained by constant communication with the Port Authority and terminal.
- For vessels discharging, provide assistance with detailed planning of port / terminal rotation, to achieve optimum vessel turnaround attending pre-discharge survey with authorities when applicable, ensuring availability of original Bill of Lading or Letter of Indemnity (LOI) is passed to all parties for approval.
- Attend the vessel prior to departure, to ensure correct cargo has been loaded or discharged. Also ensure all documents are completed correctly and that the timesheet is accurate.
After the vessel has completed its port visit and departed port, we:
- Immediately email all loading documents in .pdf format
- Dispatch all loading documents by courier within two working days
- Send a complete cost estimate within two working days for the vessel’s port call
- Dispatch disbursement accounts with original invoices as soon as possible
- Ensure all contractors and service providers receive final payment on time
- Compile documents to Letter of Credit standards and present to bank, if required.
Inquire about our port agency services in the planning stages of your shipment so we can provide the best advice. We’ve found from experience we are often able to provide helpful assistance in stages before you might think you need our services.
Trusted by the world’s fastest growing companies:
MGS major Benefits ▲
We believe that we are long-term partners and are dedicated to our goal of providing safe, efficient and professional services for the benefit of our customers.
Our expertise of more than 15 years in the field of freight forwarding and logistics is a promise for best in class service.
MGS acquired complete set of skills in our field in many years of experience which is of paramount importance for our offering to clients.
Custom tailored solutions is not just a syntagm for us, it is a way of working and improving constantly our services for the benefit of our customers.
We strive to have a service offering that is personal, we do not work based on the concept of one size fits all.
Minor details make major changes.